Milestones – how Alloga has grown.
– Deep freezer logistics (-80°C)
- Extension technical rooms
- Introduction and launch of the new Alloga SC Box
- Commissioning of the small-order picking machine.
- Integration of Globopharm Ltd. (doubling of the number of partners).
- Dissolution of the joint venture, transfer of Alloga Europe to the strategic partner Alliance UniChem.
- Expansion of buildings – doubling of capacity.
- Introduction of the new corporate identity for the Galenica Group and change of name from Galenica Vertretungen Ltd to Alloga Ltd.
- May: new infrastructure in Burgdorf comes into operation, resulting in a 45% increase in capacity.
- Increase in growth to 250% in the past five years.
- Alliance UniChem, renamed Alloga Europe in spring 2001, sets up logistics centres in the UK, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
- 12 July groundbreaking ceremony, 20 December opening of the Burgdorf distribution centre.
- Strategic partnership with the pan-European Alliance UniChem Group (now Alliance Boots) gives an impetus in the European market.
- Additional high-bay storage in the Berne-Schönbühl distribution centre for the warehouses of the Panpharma and Adima subsidiaries.
- Founding of Galenica Vertretungen Ltd., headquartered at Untermattweg 8, Berne, which acts as a pre-wholesaler, offering its logistical and administrative services to the pharmaceutical industry.